subscribe: Posts | Comments

WELCOME TO 2015

0 comments

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

If anyone is ringing in the NEW YEAR in the Campground this year, how about sending me a picture or let me know what it is like there.


REMEMBRANCE DAY – NOVEMBER 11, 2014

0 comments

REMEMBRANCE DAY – NOVEMBER 11, 2014

LEST WE FORGET


PAVEMENT COMPLETED

0 comments
PAVEMENT COMPLETE -  OCTOBER 17, 2014

PAVEMENT COMPLETE –
OCTOBER 17, 2014

The pavement was completed this week and The Park is now landscaping the front yards with top soil and grass seed which were damaged when the digging for the streets and the water and sewer installation boxes were put in.

Road restrictions are in place to prevent damage to roads and lanes. These restrictions prohibit cement trucks and other over weight vehicles. Contractors or movers that damage roads or lanes will be responsible for completing necessary repairs.


EVENT AT THE EAST GATE OF RMNP

0 comments


We have an event at the East Gate of RMNP this Saturday October 4th that everyone is welcome to come to.

Take a Kid Mountain Biking
Saturday Oct 4th
Starts at 1:30
East Gate of RMNP
Group Bike Ride, skill development using a fun obstacle course
Decorate your bike and/or you
Lots of prizes
bring a bike, snack, water, rain gear and helmets are mandatory
Going Rain or Shine

QUESTIONS: email: mccreary@inethome.ca


PAVEMENT IN PROGRESS

0 comments

The contractors started paving in the North end of the campground on Sunday, September 28 and are now finished the North side and have moved onto the South end. They started at 1st street South and are working towards 5th street South. This part of the work is really going quickly.

Pavement in Campground.rtfd


A SIMPLIFIED VERSION OF OUR PRESENT BUILDING REGULATIONS

0 comments

BUILDING GUIDELINES FOR THE CLCG FROM:

Dwight McMillan CCBCO
Development Officer/Building Official
Riding Mountain National Park Of Canada
Phone # 204 – 848 – 7214
Fax # 204 – 848 – 2596

All building development must comply with NBC, NFC, NPC and all Park Directives in accordance with the Wasagaming Community Plan.

768 square feet maximum with a footprint no greater than 16′ X 32′ (this includes any area covered by a roof).
2. Setbacks are minimum 4 feet on the side yards, minimum 8 feet on the front, with a 0 setback on the rear.
3. The side yard can be reduced to 3 feet, if there are no windows or doors on that side, and the walls are fire rated at 45 min (5/8 type X drywall mudded and taped on the interior wall).
4. Cabin heights will be a maximum of 20 feet (finished floor to highest point of the roof).
5. Cabin shall be a max of 18 inches above grade (from under the joist to the ground) Allowance will be made for lots that are not level.
6. Overhang will be no more than a maximum of 2 feet.
7. Any construction protruding from exterior walls, can protrude no more than 2 feet and will also be added into the square footage. (This pertains to the second level).
8. If a cabin is raised to facilitate water and sewer (all surrounding deck(s) will be permitted to stay as is).
9. If cabin is moved, other than up, all wooden decks will be required to be removed. In the 4 foot side yard setback, Non-combustible material will be required to be used.
10. A shed attached to the rear of a cabin (48 sq. ft. maximum) must be within setbacks and have the inside fire rated at 45 min (5/8 type X drywall) on the interior walls.
11. No raised decks. (The definition is: An area that is developed higher than the finished level of the lower floor).


ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING MINUTES – AUGUST 31, 2014

0 comments

 

2014 CLEAR LAKE CABIN ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
PARK THEATRE, WASAGAMING
AUGUST 31st, 2014
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: BRIAN McVICAR, TREVOR WINTER, GLORIA BELLIVEAU, JOAN JAMES, JOYCE HARLAND, JOHN GEORGE, PAUL BARNABE, KEITH VINTHERS, JOANN LOMBAERT, SCOTT JORDAN.
BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT: KEVIN ALGUIRE, NELDA DIDYCHUK.
CANADA PARKS REPRESENTATIVES PRESENT: DALE WALLIS, DWIGHT McMILLAN, MICHAEL RAC.
There are 85 members present, constituting a quorum, and 8 proxies registered..
The President opened the meeting at 10:00 a.m.
The President welcomed all members and Park Staff to the meeting. Brian also welcomed observers, and reminded everyone that only members can speak and vote, as it is a meeting for members.

TREASURER’S REPORT AS OF AUGUST 14th, 2014
REVENUE: As of June 20, 2014 $ 7,139.40
Membership Deposits 4,845.00
Jamboree Hall donations deposit 320.00
Sold 8 keys 40.00
TOTAL REVENUE AS OF AUGUST 14, 2014 $12,344.40
EXPENSES: Printing for General Meeting $ 63.45
June 22/14 Board Breakfast Meeting 152.12
April 26/14 Trevor Winter &Gloria Belliveau –
Mileage to Board Meeting in Portage la Prairie 199.35
Return deposit to Cindy Rose for Jamboree Hall 80.00
June 20, 24, 27, August 7, 14/14 – Joyce Harland
Mileage to bank, post office & printing 37.80
Receipt books and pencil sharpeners 8,75
TOTAL EXPENSES TO AUGUST 14, 2014 $541.47 $ 541.47
TOTAL ASSETS TO AUGUST 14,20114 $11,802.93
Westoba Balance as of July 31, 2014 $10,118.28
Add outstanding deposits $1,720.00
Subtract outstanding cheques 48.35
Add Westoba Equity and Share 13.00
BANK RECONCILIATION AS OF JULY 31, 2014 $11,802.93
Respectfully submitted by Joyce Harland, Treasurer

Update on the water and sewer project:
Ross Birnie, 14 – 5th St. S. – What is the final Bill Dale replied that the final bill is still under $5,000.00. Maple Leaf Construction plan to start work on the roads next week. They estimate the gravel base will take about 4 weeks and then the asphalt about 1 week. Ross also asked about the Boat Cove Road and Dale replied that he would ask Maple Leaf if they could patch that road.
Wm. Metelski, 13 – 4th St. S. – Do we have to close up in September? Dale replied that Maple Leaf will start on 1st St. S. and workup and across. It would be better not to park on your street if they are working there. The week they are paving will be difficult to park when the access roads are being done. When asked if they would be working through the weekends, Dwight replied that they would.
Teddy Brown – 49 – 5th St. S. -In September, how will people load their vehicles for going home? Dale said that it is not possible to supply schedules due to weather, etc., but it should be easy to judge when they will reach your street.
E. De La Mare, 10 – 1st St. S. – Who is responsible for the water shutoff for the cook shack water taps? Brian replied that the Park and the CLCA take no responsibility for this. Dwight replied that the Park will investigate.
Unknown – Will the sidewalks be paved? Dale said the Park will look at this issue after the roads are completed.
Alan Montgomery – 87 – 4th St. S. – Will soil and seeds be available in the spring? Dale replied that it will still be available.
J. L. Guillas – 88 – 3rd. St. S. – When will the water be shut off. Dale replied that every year’s date will vary due to weather conditions. The water will be left on as late as possible each year.
Scott Jordan – 4- 2nd St. S. – Where is the best place to access soil. Dwight said the Park will assist where possible. Dale added that it is the Park’s intention to repair the sides of the road in the spring. Soil has been available this summer.

NORTH STREET LOOPS:
This issue is under review by the Park. Some concerns they have to address are costing, environmental issues. all roads or just some, etc.
Alan Montgomery – 87- 4th St. S. – To make access easier from the south side to the north side, could one lane be paved through the green space? Dale replied that this is addressed in Michael Rac’s report which will be on the website shortly. Michael’s report is looking forward into the future. One of the big questions is traffic. Relatively few changes will occur for a couple of years. As per the Memorandum of Understanding, the 5 year review for the washrooms will start next year.
Lynn Smith – 49 4th St. S. – With regard to the north end loops, will the Park look at the impact on the walking trails? Dale replied that the lake road is outside the campground. Issues regarding vegetation, etc. are under the Resource Conservation Department.
Lynn Ash – 54 – 4th St. S. – Thank you for the front end loader that hauled the dirt around.
Maureen Munroe – 75 – 2nd St. S. = Our compliments to B. T.Smith, the contractors for the sewer and water project.

DEBT REPAYMENT:
Just a reminder that the $5,000.00 debt repayment for the sewer and water project will be due next June/July.

WEBSITE UPDATE:
In order to assist in keeping the website up to date, the Board has purchased an Apple Computer and Printer.

MICHAEL RAC’S REPORT:
Michael Rac explained that his report was a Comprehensive Design Review of the Cabin Area to be used as a tool for Cabin Owners to refer to in the future.
Pam Lucenkiw – 30 – 3rd St. N. – What is the process for adoption of this report? Michael said his report does not need to be adopted as it is a planning tool. Dale said the document will not be approved by the Park or the Board. “The Rac Report” is meant to supply options for comprehensive review conversations, assisting on questions such as “Where do we go forward as a community?” Michael added that it was designed to spark discussion or views for cabin owners.
Wm. Metelski – 13 – 4th St. S. – We look forward to reading the report.
S. Taylor – 49 – 2nd St. S. – Will our Board develop a procedure for cabin owners to put forward ideas. The Rac Report will be on the website and will have provisions for comments to be posted.

ELECTIONS:
The President turned the Chair over to the Past President, Trevor Winter, for the elections.
Vote counters are JoAnn and Scott from the Board and Joanie and Eleanor from the membership.
For President, Trevor Winter was nominated. Call for nominations from the floor was made three times. As there were no further nominations, TREVOR WINTER was declared elected as President.
For Vice=President, Brad Collett was nominated. Call for nominations from the floor was made three times. As there were no further nominations, BRAD COLLETT, was declared elected as Vice-President.
For Treasurer, Joyce Harland was nominated. Call for nominations from the floor was made three times. As there were no further nominations from the floor, a motion was required to extend the term for a second time. Moved by Sylvia Taylor, 49 – 2nd St. S. and seconded by Greg Fleck – 25 – 3rd St. S. to accept Joyce Harland as Treasurer for another year. JOYCE HARLAND declared elected as Treasurer.
For Secretary, Gloria Belliveau was nominated. Call for nominations from the floor was made three times. As there were no further nominations, GLORIA BELLIVEAU, was declared elected as Secretary.
There are five positions open for election for Board Members. Those nominated are Joan James, John George, Keith Vinthers, Paul Barnabe, Greg Fleck, Mary Orr and Bill Lucenkiw. Call for nominations from the floor.
Bernie Kolesar – nominated Joann Bell. Joann accepted the nomination.
Andrew Urbanowicz – 23 – 1st St. S. nominated himself.
Moved by Brian McVicar and seconded by John George that nominations be closed.
Gail Simpson – 24 – 3rd St. N. – asked that all nominated stand up and identify themselves.
All nominees addressed the membership.
Scrutineers gathered votes and exited to count same.
OPEN FOR QUESTIONS:
R. & B. Kadyschuk – 116 – 1st St. S. – requested an update on the release of new lots. Dale replied that 5 were released last year. The remaining 25 will be released, but no release date has been announced.
V. Buchanan – 14 – 5th St. N. – asked whose responsibility it is to clean up the mess in the area behind her cabin that was left by Manitoba Hydro when they installed a new pole. Dale told her that it was Park property and Park responsibility.
L. & D, Valcourt – 86 – 1st St. S. – expressed a concern regarding the congestion and loss of green space. Dale responded that the community must be self-sufficient.
L. Rac – 117 – 3rd St. S. – asked for information on the ongoing work, for example, the campground and Agassiz. Dale replied that Agassiz is still under discussion, and an announcement should be made shortly. The campground has seen an extension of sewer and water to 200 sites, as needs in that area have changed. Highway 10 improvements are under discussion. There is an ongoing conservation program in the wetlands. There is a conservation Program on Clear Lake including lake health, invasive species, erosion, etc. There is a new storm water system for the downtown area.
D. & L, Pollon- 70 – 2nd St. S. – raised the issue of the boat storage area, commenting on the need for a larger area. Dale responded saying the Park continues to discuss boat cove parking.
Brian Cottom – 12 – 4th St. N. – wanted to know if there was a process for “remove a tree, plant a tree”. Dale replied that all the trees are old, which creates a problem. The Park encourages reforestation. He suggests talking to your neighbours to ensure the location for a new tree is appropriate. There is a list of acceptable trees available.
Brian McVicar – 4- 5th St. N. – asked about the possibility of Wi-fi for our area. Dale replied that it is complicated for campground accessibility of systems. The trees are also an issue.

RETURN TO ELECTION RESULTS:
Board members elected to a two year term are Joan James, John George, Keith Vinthers, Paul Barnabe and Andrew Urbanowicz.
It was noted that every successful candidate received over 50% of the votes.
New President Trevor Winter thanked outgoing President and Vice President, Brian McVicar and Scott Jordan, for their services.
Lynn Smith, 49 – 4th St. S. – noted her appreciation of the ability of those who run. She said it would be nice to have a list of those running earlier in the summer.
Motion by John George and seconded by Brad Collett to destroy the ballots. Carried.
Brian McVicar said that he has enjoyed his time on the board and thanked Roy White for his wise advice.
Meeting adjourned by Brad Collett at 11.55 a.m.

Since the AGM. MichaeL Rac’s report has been posted on the website.